Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 6th: Ross's Epic Hillclimb.

Ack. So it's been a while since I was racing, a while since I've been racing in California.

Last weekend, on Saturday, I did a hillclimb in California - the Ross's Epic Hillclimb. There was about 3200 feet of climbing in about 7 miles or so; including about a half-mile of 20% grade at the very top. It was rough, really steep stuff.

So, how much were the payouts?

NOTHING? What is this, some kind of charity? Wait, it IS a charity? Oops.

Oh well, no money for ElJamoquio. But I did get a nice race on a beautiful day in wine country out in California. So when I dropped a chain at the beginning of the climb, and eventually came in second, I wasn't incredibly disappointed.

Spent the rest of the day pedalin' about wine country with Katherine.














No comments: