Thursday, April 10, 2008

United Parcel Service

UPS is the most incompetent company that I have the displeasure to deal with.

The general protocol is as follows:

1. UPS attempts delivery at 1:00 PM in a residential area.
2. UPS leaves note for package. Says to call them.
3. I get pissed because I hate talking on the phone to idiots.
4. I call UPS.
5. Press 0 as many times as possible until I speak to a human.
6. Realize that said human is an idiot.
7. Idio... I mean, employee says they will try to schedule a redelivery that same day; as they recognize the futility of delivering to a residential area in the early afternoon.
8. Hang up the phone, feeling optimistic.
9. Wait 30 minutes.
10. UPS calls me back, saying that they aren't going to try too hard to redeliver. In fact, they aren't going to try at all.
11. I decide that UPS is incompetent, and I do WHAT I PAID THEM TO DO FOR ME - drive to THEM and pick up MY package.

Words cannot express how much I hate UPS.

Since I'm expecting a package, I tried to avoid this calamity. So I called BEFORE they attempted delivery.

'We're sorry. We refuse to work on that now. Please try again after we attempt delivery at 1:00 PM'.

No comments: