Thursday, July 31, 2008

Road Racing vs. Mtn Bike Racing.

This past weekend I did my first Mountain Bike Race.

Mountain Bikers have about eighty million classifications. I ended up 2nd in the Beginner classification, 30-39 years old, out of about 30 people. Of course, that result means nothing.

As a time trial, we started at thirty second intervals. What does mean something, to me at least, is that I passed 27 people on the course. I live for passing people.

I ended up with the 75th best time overall, out of 380. I got a silver large silver-looking medal, with the actual race name on it, presented to me on a podium.

For my state time trial championship I was handed a ziploc bag with a tiny, non-descript trinket inside. Of course, being a road race, I got money, too.

Two philosophies.

No comments: