Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mt. Whiteface

The highest road in New York State. There's actually a mountain fifty miles from the nearest road that's like 23 feet higher or something like that.

You know what I have to say to that: let's bulldoze that higher mountain. If you can't meet the standard, lower it.




Anyway, on to the pictures (which is why you read this blog, I know). I had just left Vermont, after racing, and then doing Mt. Mansfield. I decided to do Mt. Whiteface - only after 5:00 PM - because the guidebook says that bicycles are permitted after that time.

They even have a picture of the sign - saying no bicycles are permitted during operating hours.


They changed the sign.

But, without anyone to stop me...






The mountain itself goes from somewhere around 800 feet at the very bottom, where I started, to 4600 feet at the top. So although it doesn't have a huge elevation, the elevation change is still pretty good.


















No comments: