Thursday, September 04, 2008

Status

States I've done.

Light green: There is no road access to the top of the highest mountain. Although technically there's no road access to the top of Maryland's highest peak; I just went off-roading. I may have poor-decision-making-ability, but I'm not going to do that up Mt. McKinley.

So, in Virginia, I went until the road ended up Mt. Rogers. I may try again, going off-roading, if I go back. In California, I went to the top of the road up Mt. Whitney. In Vermont, I actually obeyed the sign saying no bicycles allowed (which I realize is shocking, but then again, there was an official-looking-person manning the toll-booth). I'll go back to Vermont one day after the toll-booth is closed.

1 comment:

Kyle Jones said...

I see you like riding mountains. You should consider this. I love the area of california. It is my favorite. You do not ride up to the mount whitney portals,that is a death valley ride to mount whitney they have every year(badwater I think). This is one is a race http://www.everestchallenge.com/ My team mate won it a couple years ago and he was at green mountain also.